Thursday, September 20, 2007

Rachael Ray, Elliott Yamin & Diabetes

I think it's awesome when the general public get exposed to a genuine concern such as diabetes. Rachael Ray just did a show on diabetes that featured Elliott Yamin, an American Idol star that was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes when he was 16.

Elliot even shares about how diabetes changed his life forever. "I went from being this happy-go-lucky kid, and then the next thing you know I have this disease that isn't curable. I felt like my world was crashing down -- it was a tough pill to swallow."

The show also follows a 12-year-old girl Rebecca, who has Juvenile Diabetes and is a fan of Elliot. Check it out!

1 comment:

Jillian said...

Albert, unfortunately the pump will be making no trips to school. I homeschool myself with an online education program. But I am sure there will be other teenage adventures to talk about!
Now I'm off to go check out the Elliott link.