Friday, October 12, 2007

When Health Professionals Fail to Understand

Amy Tenderich just posted up a story by a woman in Germany who lost her job in a medical lab over her diabetes. What sucks is that despite working in a professional health environment, the employer failed to understand the effects that diabetes has.

You can find the whole story at DiabetesMine.com

As an individual, there's only so much we can do about the injustices in this world. I've come to realize that we can only be held accountable for doing what we are personally capable of. However, I do feel like I am responsible for taking the actions that are clear to me. This means sharing this story with those I can and making others aware of the situation.

Maybe one of these days it'll land in the hands of the right people. People who are in the right place and the right time to truly make a difference. Spread the word, bring hope to others.

No comments: